London calling...

A Taiwanese woman's journal of her pursuit of an MBA, a meaningful life, love and her observations of the world along the way! Blogger based in Taipei.

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

BBC interview the wrong "Guy"...

This topic is not relevant to an MBA at all, but I just found it too funny to be true. So I'd like to share.

If you follow the news regularly, you've probably have seen this piece of news on local portal sites. However, I figure that such an interesting anecdote can bring a smile to many people's faces so I'd like my readers to have a view on the video clip as well. Here you go!

- Dvorak Uncensored: Here you can see a short and sweet version of what happened with the wrong interview and see the captured clip for yourself. Pay attention to the wrong interviewee's facial expression in the first few seconds of the clip. It is very hilarious and very painful (for BBC) indeed...

- Search result on the BBC wesbite: Rumors has it that BBC deleted the clip of the wrong interview after it's been disclosed by bloggers. But apparently this is not true (yet). Have a look at the clips on the BBC site, if you prefer the authentic flavor.

Poor "Guy"! And kudos to BBC for apologizing for it, although I don't think they can do better damage control in any other way.

4 Comments:

Blogger Forrest Gump said...

I couldnt laughing for minutes together when i saw the expression on that man's face....completely hilarious....

8:11 PM, May 17, 2006  
Blogger Forrest Gump said...

I couldnt *stop* laughing...

8:11 PM, May 17, 2006  
Blogger Jenn said...

Well, Forrest, that's the whole point I am blogging about it. Glad that you had a good laugh. I am sure many of us behind the computer need that after a long day...

8:54 PM, May 17, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jen-san,

That is really funny. I suggest that the BBC follows the example of the Chinese Communist Party. Almost all the news and interview programs in China are recorded ones.

Its purpose is very clear as everyone knows. The CCP does not want people to speak freely. I like the BBC much better than the CCP though the former is not always perfect.

And laughing is good for your systems !

1:17 PM, May 19, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home