London calling...

A Taiwanese woman's journal of her pursuit of an MBA, a meaningful life, love and her observations of the world along the way! Blogger based in Taipei.

Monday, April 17, 2006

MBA resources via Podcasting

In the comment section under one of my previous postings, I mentioned a lesson learned at the cost of NTD 6,000 plus a shitty bad weekend. Well, it's a long story. A shorter version was that I lost this babe, after being with it for only 3 days, in a house warming party (or the after-party, ugh whatever *sobbing*). A couple of weeks later I got over my loss and once again contributed to that fruit company's annual turnover. I'm feeling slightly guilty of the money spent but I simply couldn't resist the charm of this beautiful little gadget....

As I was busy figuring out what I can do with my new pal, I began to explore the blogsphere of podcasting. I discovered that my iPod not only can keep me entertained during the mundane daily commute but also get me well prepared for my application to the top-tier b-schools. It's very convenient. For those who already has an iPod, just go to Podcast Alley, type in the key word "business school" and you can find relevant podcasts contributed to that topic. Cut and paste the Podcast Feed URL to your iTune, update the feed, connect your iPod and it's done. Then, you can listen to various topics on MBA application wherever you want!

Another note on the discovery of podcasting, I found this interesting blog site "What's up in Taiwan" by accident. Check it out if you are interested in getting up close and personal on westerner's advetures and life in Taiwan.

2 Comments:

Blogger i_will_make_it said...

Whether you work for the Taipei Times or not - for a Taiwanese your written English is damn good. :-) I am guessing you:
1) Had some education overseas at some point.
2) Or went to International school.
3) Or just love English so much you learned it to perfection.

And you're really in tune to news, politics, and can definitely be a journalist if you so choose to. :-)

Good luck with your MBA! I know you will do fabulously next year. As for Taiwan-China politics, I choose to remain neutral. I understand all you detailed in your "Taiwanese feels about China" article - my parents voted green in the elections, but it wasn't until I visited Shanghai myself that I really began to see that Taiwanese and Chinese are different, yet very similar at the same time (in my opinion). The culture revolution changed the mentality of an entire country, while Taiwan remained more "traditional." But (depending on the individual of course), I've met many Chinese who support the CCP... and many Chinese who hate them (but don't speak out).

The biggest thing which bothers me? Both sides often apply "stereotypes" and are automatically judgmental about each other - when we both haven't taken the time to truly explore and experience each other's country, culture, and history to create solid jugments from understanding each other better.

It makes my blood boil when I hear Chinese talk about taking over Taiwan like it's no big deal because we're just a little dot on the globe. However, it also pisses me off when Taiwanese lash out and say, "Those fuckin' mainlanders. Their all selfish, greedy, and dishonest. And that tongue accent? Psshh."

In the first incident, I am proud to be Taiwanese. In the second incident, I am ashamed to be Taiwanese. Thus, I have currently chosen not to take a political stance, nor to identify myself as purely Taiwanese or purely Chinese.

1:47 PM, April 26, 2006  
Anonymous mba statement of purpose example said...

There would favorably be more respective thoughts and opinions which are said to be important and hopefully will leads further improvements.

10:27 PM, August 20, 2016  

Post a Comment

<< Home