London calling...

A Taiwanese woman's journal of her pursuit of an MBA, a meaningful life, love and her observations of the world along the way! Blogger based in Taipei.

Monday, May 08, 2006

Taiwan Breakfast Club at Swensen's

One of the unexpected nice things that took place after I started blogging was the kind of contacts I was able to make via this blog. Thanks to Jerome's invitation, I joined their Breakfast Club last Saturday in Taipei. It was my first time to be there, however, as far as I know the breakfast meeting is centered around a different speech every first Saturday of the month. The style of the gathering was rather informal and the room was full of people with interesting backgrounds and stories. I was especially pleased to meet Jerome, a retired university professor whose view on Taiwan politics I find enlightening and Michael Turton, the super blogger whose love for Taiwan flows through his writing. Those who are interested to know more about this Breakfast Club can see Michael's recap, pics included, on his blog - The View From Taiwan.

5 Comments:

Blogger Michael Turton said...

Wonderful seeing you there! I was really impressed with your incredibly good English! Hope to have the NIMBAS thing up this week, and more time to talk with you next month!

Michael

8:08 PM, May 08, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jen-san,

I sometimes visit Mr.Turton's super blog. But his nice blog gives too many articles to read for me, who is a slow English reader. So, I pick up some articles I get interested in and mainly enjoy watching beatutiful photos taken by him. Your photos in his yesterday's posting are just great! Thank you, Mr.Turton.

p.s. Today I visited Mr.Keating's blog for the first time. That is fine.

8:30 PM, May 08, 2006  
Blogger Jenn said...

Kanwa-san,

A reader named Mark left you a message like this:

"From: Mark
Date: Mon, 8 May 2006 12:01:55 -0700 (PDT)

Kanwa-San, I really enjoyed hearing about your friend. I hope to be a similar sort of person one day. Every day I work now, means more money saved and more time to be a full-time student in the future."

10:49 AM, May 09, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jen-san,

Thank you for your kindness. I have just sent Mark-san's message to my friend in the US. He loves engineering, mathematics, philosophy, Bach and Japanese comics!

Thanks to him, I also found out the beautiful world of Bach thirty years ago. Reading his mails is always fun and stimulating. Good friends are treasures to me.

5:14 PM, May 09, 2006  
Anonymous Breakfast Club Essay said...

well post, i was looking the same for my breakfast club essay help.

Write Breakfast Club Essays

4:21 AM, October 25, 2010  

Post a Comment

<< Home