London calling...

A Taiwanese woman's journal of her pursuit of an MBA, a meaningful life, love and her observations of the world along the way! Blogger based in Taipei.

Monday, February 20, 2006

Birth of my MBA blog.. Hooray!

After much contemplation, I've decided to start blogging my journey towards the b-school and the meaning of life (which I both painstakingly strive for).

My journey towards getting accepted into the top-tier business schools will begin this month (as of February 2006). The reason behind all this is the determination that I want to realize my dream of working and living in a different part of the world - a place of my choice, not where I was born to. So I decided that a b-school is worth my investment and is the best way I can think of to bring me closer to my dreams.

So I've narrowed the targeted schools down to: LBS, HBS, UC Berkeley, Oxford and INSEAD. I know these schools all sound like a mission impossible but deep down I believe I have the talent and capability to attend to one of them. Since action speaks louder than words, let's try and prove it.

Right now I have three GMAT prep books in stock and they are Kaplan's GMAT edition 2006, Peterson's GMAT prep-book (edition 2005) and the Official Guide 10th Edition. I think three books are enough for me to study for the moment and once I finish perusing them, I will proceed to more books with regard to the Math or Verbal Review. My goal is to achieve a decent 720. After a round of initial studying, to my surprise, my biggest weakness lies in the grammatical part of the exam (i.e. sentence correction) instead of the math which I used to think I was weak at.

Meanwhile, with a change of career from PR to marketing (starting next month), I am hoping to get more of my personal time back and use them on more meaningful things such as studying for the GMAT, learning Spanish and maybe even learn to salsa... As ambitious and goal-oriented as I can be, I am also an ordinary person who craves fun and fulfillment in life. So wish me luck and let the journey begin!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You go girl! Keep me posted of how things go. Cheers...

5:38 PM, February 20, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck to you, Jennifer! I believe you can make it! :-)

1:48 PM, February 24, 2006  
Blogger Jenn said...

Thanks Vincent! Take good care of yourself in Boston as well. Let me know when you're back to Taipei... ;-)

2:42 PM, February 24, 2006  
Anonymous radiology residency personal statement said...

The ideas as mentioned herein will help students to initiate with more of the possible concerns and hopefully these will further allow them to move forward.

1:12 PM, September 29, 2016  

Post a Comment

<< Home